Under the direction of the Plant Manager, assist in the management of the production facility to meet sales requirements by supervising production personnel and quality assurance technicians.
Must be able to work flexible schedule day/night shift and weeks/weekends.
- Ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained to meet production schedules by assisting in training production personnel in preventive maintenance and establishing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Recommend operating objectives, plans for the production facility to meet the plant's overall business goals. Report, as required, on the facility's performance against those objectives.
- Monitor safety programs to eliminate industrial accidents. Ensure that manufacturing supervisors hold regular safety meetings, monitor safety practices and their use of safety equipment.
- Hold regular quality meetings to ensure that all employees are well trained and aware of quality control measures and the quality of the product meets or exceeds Boral standards, along with International Congress of Building Official (ICBO) and Universal Building Code (UBC).
- Review production schedules and plan raw material inventories to achieve those schedules.
- Ensure that all production personnel are trained by supervising appropriate training programs and discuss with the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating in conjunction with the Plant Manager Lean processes
- Manufacturing/Continuous Process Improvement programs and plant quality programs.
- Ensures that all production operation shift personnel are appropriately trained by partnering with Human Resources and Training Management, Plant Manager, and applicable functional departments. Monitors and assures that all annualized training requirements and/or certifications are completed on time.
- Conducts a comprehensive review of Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing programs functions within the plant. In addition, develop and network to identify and promote the sharing of 'Best Practices".
- Assist in conducting the formal and informal performance appraisals and hiring new employees
- All other duties as requested or assigned
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering, preferred but not required if sufficient equivalent experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Versed in training and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Employer requires excellent communication skills
- Participated in one or more of the following process improvement: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Cost of Quality, Demand Flow Technology, JIT, TQM, ISO 9000-2000, Kaizen, 5S.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Power Point; SAP desirable.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience
- 2 years management experience
- Previous experience in developing and implementing company wide Quality Programs
Licenses or Certificates
- General office and manufacturing facility activities - walking, standing, sitting, lifting, talking, typing, and etc.
- Lifting heavy materials occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work varied shifts, as needed
Must have the ability to:
- Effect change
- Work independently and in teams
- Communicate effectively to different levels in the organization in person and on the telephone.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Organize and schedule work effectively.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
- Strong leadership
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
- General Manufacturing Environment
- consult with managerial or supervisory personnel
- read blueprints
- ompute production, construction, or installation specifications
- schedule activities, classes, or events
- prepare reports
- communicate technical information
- conduct or attend staff meetings
- maintain records, reports, or files
- modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines
- read technical drawings
- understand second language
- understand technical operating, service or repair manuals
- use oral or written communication techniques
- establish employee performance standards
- monitor worker performance
- maintain file of job openings
- maintain job descriptions
- orient new employees
- prepare or maintain employee records
- confer with other departmental heads to coordinate activities
- maintain production or work records
- maintain inventory of office equipment or furniture
- assign work to staff or employees
- direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- explain rules, policies or regulations
- explain work orders, specifications, or work techniques to workers
- motivate workers to achieve work goals
- recommend improvements to work methods or procedures
- resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems
- resolve personnel problems or grievances
- schedule employee work hours
- analyze operational or management reports or records
- develop maintenance schedules
- manage inventories or supplies
- determine factors affecting production processes
- examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards
- estimate materials or labor requirements
- adjust production equipment/machinery setup
- monitor production machinery/equipment operation to detect problems
- set up production equipment or machinery
- coordinate production materials, activities or processes
- demonstrate or explain assembly or use of equipment
- read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
- requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.