As an Oldcastle Machine Operator, you will operate manual and/or automated machinery in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing environment, perform preventive maintenance, set up production machinery and ensure proper machine performance, making a quality product for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
* Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
* Use touchpads and computerized equipment to program automated machinery
* Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
* Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other Specific Skills Required:
Requirements / Education / Experience
* 3+ years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
* Physical requirements include lifting at least 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
* Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
* Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, and work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
* Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.