Shifts available: 7am - 3pm ($15.00), 3pm - 11pm ($15.50), 11pm - 7am ($16.00) with a half hour lunch, dinner, etc.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and adjusting as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
The equipment the Machine Operator will use is Thermal Analysis System DC-3, Instron flow testing system, Bexmac system for extruding, folding and palletizing, and the Bruno Folcieri Granulator.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a must
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Sets up and operates an injection molding machine in order to shape plastics
- Experience with analytic tools for thermal and structural analysis.
- Create and correlate analytical models to provide guidance for product development.
- Functions also include performance, structural and thermal tests and measurements using Differential scanning calorimetry.
- Reports and documents product structural and thermal performance.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Housekeeping and sanitation
MACHINE OPERATOR TOP SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Employer is looking for mechanical, electrical and pneumatics skill sets and experience.
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
- Read and follow work instructions
- Test parts at regular schedule intervals and prior to combining batches
- Notify supervisor if parts are out of spec or machine isnt operating correctly
- Keep accurate sign-off logs
- Perform SPCs on required parts
- Keep area clean and mop up any oil splashes
- Ensure compliance with plant safety
- Contribute to team effort by performing additional tasks and accomplishing related results as needed
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a warehouse on cement floors.
24 months experience
No minimum Education Requirement
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.