This is an advanced secretarial and staff assistant position in nature. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Community Services Director.
- Answer/assist with phone calls
- Collect rental fees and schedule rentals of the various Civic Centers
- Maintain monthly calendars of rentals, events and sporting activities at the parks
- Communicate calendar information to the Facilities Maintenance Division on a weekly basis or as needed
- Purchasing supplies for the department
- Maintain records (purchase orders, receipts, etc.)
- Secures details of specialized information, coordinating office work and providing information regarding services and operations of Parks & Recreation
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Coordinates custodial cleaning schedule and communicates with PT Custodians cleaning duties and building check-ups
- Must have three (3) years work experience involving secretarial/clerical duties includes the operation of personal computer, keyboard or similar data entry equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalency required. (submit a copy with application)
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power-point, etc.).
- TABE test results, test may be taken at Indian River State College (I.R.S.C.).
High School Diploma
3 years of Experience
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.