JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for advanced installation and performing routine and emergency service of dairy equipment.
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have advanced electrical and mechanical knowledge of dairy equipment.
• Must have advanced plumbing and welding experience.
• Required RSES Refrigerant Usage Certification (as required by 40 CFR, Part 92, Subpart F).
• Must maintain a valid drivers license and acceptable MVR; travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel will be required.
• Must have a flexible schedule as position will be rotating On-Call.
• Employer requiressuccessfully complete pre-employment drug test and a background check.
• Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or a valid work visa.
• Must work well in a team environment and able to work with a diverse group of people.
• Must possess strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; must be a highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Must have excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers.
• Must have ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical procedure manuals; Must have ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Must have ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Must have ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Perform routine service, emergency service and scheduled service of dairy equipment.
• Perform system analysis for all types of dairy equipment.
• Installation and start-up of new and second-hand dairy equipment.
• Schedule all necessary maintenance and preventative maintenance for dairies.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Maintain parts and equipment inventory for dairies.
• Maintain all necessary licenses for refrigeration, etc.
• Perform all detailed paperwork.
• Maintain superior customer service through communication and positive attitude.
• Train and mentor Level I Service Technicians.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• May be required to lift up to 75 lbs unassisted.
• Must be able to bend, stoop and climb throughout shift.
• The employee will be occasionally exposed to twisting of the back and neck.
• Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time, paying attention to detail.
• Requires frequent ability to move freely about the office building and farm properties.
• Environment involved is regularly both inside and outside; may be exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
• The employee is exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures.
Minimum Education: 1 year of College or Technical School
Minimum Experience: 1 year
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.