Center Branch Coordinator
Full time year round grant funded position.
Will work in Okeechobee County. Salary $37,250 annually.
Employer participates in E-verify.
Oversees daily operations of CareerSource Heartland (CSH) center and partner staff, including implementation and coordination of all programs and services such as Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth, Wagner-Peyser (WP), Welfare Transition Program (WTP), and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Assists with the facilitation of related grants and services. Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed and expected performance standards are met. Serves as Outreach Specialist to coordinate activities with community-based organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees provision of all available services at the Center, ensuring that operational and contract requirements are met, and coordinates all partner agency participation in the operation of the Center.
2. Attends staff development training opportunities to enhance and maintain job-related skills and program-specific/regulatory knowledge. Attends community partner meetings, as assigned.
3. Coordinates the training activities of current and new CSH staff, partner agency staff and/or community service workers at the Center, including required train-the-trainer sessions, Florida Workforce Development Professional classes and other training opportunities to enhance staff development.
4. Assists with office documentation, including preparation of purchase requisitions, reconciliation of gas card inventory and review of submitted time sheets, attendance records and reports.
5. Interviews and assesses applicants, referencing program guidelines to determine need and eligibility for available services while focusing on the needs of the customer. Assists with registering customers in the required computer data system(s).
6. Assists with the determination of suitable employment consistent with applicants desires, aptitudes as well as physical, mental, emotional or environmental needs and provides vocational guidance and direction on customers choices. Assists customers with support services and referrals to community-based service agencies, as determined appropriate. Plans and arranges for appropriate services to enhance skills and the customers prospects for employment.
7. Assists customers with self-directed activities, such as resource room use and resume development, as needed.
8. Maintains compliance with programmatic grant requirements. Ensures that all required customer file documentation is obtained, maintained in the case file and appropriate computer data system(s) and confidential information is safeguarded. Generates reports as requested.
9. Oversees local office referrals and documentation for individual program training/supportive services and other types of procurement approvals.
10. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of Center activities.
11. Interviews, supervises, and assigns work schedules for Center staff. Ensures that availability of staff is sufficient to meet the needs of the customers by monitoring Center staff attendance and leave time, particularly during scheduled events. Evaluates individual employee probationary and annual performance.
12. Coordinates with Business Services staff, Department of Economic Opportunity staff and community partners to develop an ongoing schedule of appropriate activities at the Center, such as workshops, job fairs, hiring events, etc. Assists with marketing activities to promote scheduled events.
13. Ensures that Center Resource Area is properly equipped with adequate supplies, brochures and current community partner information/literature.
14. Promotes open and ongoing communication and coordination of services throughout the regional Centers and with management.
15. Exercises professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity in all communications.
16. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures and regulations.
17. Strives to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction among internal and external customers.
18. Assists with special projects and performs other duties as requested.
Manages the Center with direct and indirect supervision of Center employees and related partner staff.
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university and one (1) or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of case management preferred.
• Knowledge of workforce development programs, services and related governmental regulations.
• Experience in case management/staff supervision, including goal setting, coaching, disciplinary action and performance evaluation.
• Computer literacy including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communication skills.
• Florida Workforce Development Professional Tier One Certification or ability to obtain same within one year of hire.
Please call CareerSource Heartland for appointment.
DeSoto Center: 863-933-1008
Hardee Center: 863-773-3474
Highlands Center: 863-385-3672
Okeechobee Center: 863-610-6000
Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 12 months
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.