Irrigation & drainage contracting firm servicing the Ag industry throughout Florida and the southeast is currently seeking irrigation laborers.
No experience necessary.
Full time year round position, will work 40-50 hours per week, Monday-Friday and Saturday as needed, hours 6:00AM-4:00PM or later depending on job and weather conditions.
Will meet at company workplace at the corner of NE Worley Ave and NE Wayne St in Arcadia, FL. Remaining worksites throuhout DeSoto County - Florida and the southeast.
Agricultural irrigation company is seeking candidates to work on installation crews. Lay pipe for irrigation. Grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using, cement, or glue. Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
- Irrigation experience preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds as needed while performing irrigation duties
- Valid Florida Driver's License with clean driving record preferred but not required
- Ability to work out of town as needed
- Due to nature of job persons who speak English/Spanish is a plus.
Refer within commuting distance only.
- build or repair structures in construction, repair, or manufacturing setting
- cut, shape, fit, or join wood or other construction materials
- dig holes or trenches for foundations, posts, poles, or related items
- grade or redistribute earth for roads or other construction
- operate pneumatic tamper to patch pavement or tamp earth
- operate power construction equipment
- perform safety inspections in construction or resource extraction setting
- read blueprints
- use measuring devices in construction or extraction work
- verify levelness or verticality, using level or plumb bob
- understand construction specifications
- move or lift heavy objects
- read technical drawings
- use two-way radio or mobile phone
- work as a team member
- identify properties of soil or water samples
- operate land or site surveying instruments
- use building or land use regulations
- use knowledge of laser technology
- use hazardous materials information
- adhere to safety procedures
- fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand
- assemble and install pipe sections, fittings, or plumbing fixtures
- inspect sewer, drain, or water main pipe joints to verify alignment or fit
- install underground storm, sanitation, or water piping systems
- lay or guide pipe into trench
- lay out piping systems
- use basic plumbing techniques
- use pipe fitting equipment
- use pressure gauges
- apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- operate power driven pumps
- read specifications
- read tape measure
- signal directions or warnings to coworkers
- use hand or power tools
- use acetylene welding/cutting torch
- use arc welding equipment
- use combination welding procedures
- weld together metal parts, components, or structures
Minimum Education: No Minimum Education Required
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.