- Job requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in maintaining PC, LAN and mainframe systems.
- Knowledge of or experience in school operations preferred.
- Completion of a computer-related training program required.
Job duties include but not limited to
- Install and set up microcomputer hardware, software, communication equipment and cabling for all cost centers.
- Install and set up System/36 hardware, software, communication equipment and cabling for all cost centers.
- Perform trouble-shooting tasks for all microcomputers, Macintosh and System/36 hardware, software, communication equipment and cabling for all cost centers.
- Provide training and technical support for microcomputer and System/3 software as requested.
- Assist with the preview and recommendation of microcomputer software, hardware and communications equipment for all cost centers.
- Provide technical assistance for all local area networks.
- follow data security procedures
- adjust computer operation system
- assist co-workers with software problems
- conduct computer diagnostics to determine nature of problems
- configure computers in industrial or manufacturing setting
- evaluate computer system user requests or requirements
- install computer programs
- install hardware, software, or peripheral equipment
- maintain or repair computers or related equipment
- perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment
- provide technical computer training
- provide technical support to computer users
- train workers in use of computer and related equipment
- follow data storage procedures
- identify appropriate software for project
- monitor computer operation
- recommend software or hardware purchases
- test computer programs or systems
- understand computer equipment operating manuals
- use computer networking technology
- use knowledge of mainframe computers
- evaluate prototype computer software systems
- program computers using existing software
- use relational database software
- write computer software, programs, or code
- conduct training for personnel
- train workers in use of equipment
- use spreadsheet software
- communicate technical information
- use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- use interpersonal communication techniques
- use desktop publishing software
- use word processing or desktop publishing software
- select business applications for computers
- select software for clerical activities
- consult with staff or users to identify operating procedure problems
- recommend purchase or repair of furnishings or equipment
- use geographical information system (GIS) software
- monitor operating conditions
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.