JO#11363833 Career Representative (Okeechobee)
Provides reception services and Center staff support to assist customers in receiving necessary employment-related services and participation in activities. Provides customer and staff support in all workforce development and training programs, including special projects. Essential duties and responsibilities may vary by Center location, dependent upon customer traffic volume, clientele and services provided at each location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers, assesses the individual customers need and purpose of their visit and provides them with referral to the appropriate Center staff, office location or community partner agency, as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of Center services and availability of other community services. Provides brochures and other printed materials to inform customers about Center program services and events. Distributes job seeker registrations and information regarding training opportunities, employment-related services, Veterans services, support services, and referrals to community-based service agencies, as appropriate.
- Reviews applicant skills, work experience and education for proper registration into required computer data system(s) and assists customer with computerized registration and job search activities. Assists customers with resume development and computer-based assessment tools or applications. Supports outreach, intake and orientation activities for new participants. Supports follow along and follow-up activities for enrolled customers, including data entry.
- Performs file search to locate job orders for qualified applicants and assists with job matching and recruiting activities to meet employer needs. Issues job referrals.
- Assists in the development, design, maintenance, effectiveness and facilitation, of all program-related orientations, workshops, and informational sessions, as assigned.
- Monitors Center activity to ensure proper use of computers, phones, fax and copy machines by customers and that adequate resource room supplies are available.
- Assists with recruitments, job matching activities, hiring events, job fairs and job order follow-up, as requested, and related data entry.
- Promotes communication and contributes to the coordination of services provided throughout all Centers.
- Attends educational training sessions and staff meetings to enhance skills and program development.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures and regulations.
- Strives to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction among internal and external customers.
- Exercises professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity in all communications.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as requested.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years or more of customer service experience, preferably in workforce development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of workforce development programs and services and related governmental regulations a plus.
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Occasional travel within the region may be required.
- Florida Workforce Development Professional Tier One Certification or ability to obtain same within six months of hire.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: 5 years