Provides a variety of services and activities to local employers and job seekers as part of the regional Business Operations Team. Develops partnerships, identifies business needs and promotes workforce development initiatives throughout the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Markets CareerSource Heartland center services to new and existing employers. Discerns and reports business needs through interviews and survey processes. Assists with the identification and promotion of targeted industries and occupations for regional workforce development.
- Supports economic and business development activities to enhance business opportunities.
- Solicits job orders from employers and conducts file search, selection and referrals to meet employer needs.
- Coordinates with other agencies providing job placement assistance, such as training vendors, private job placement firms, etc., to avoid duplicative efforts.
- Facilitates and conducts mass recruitment, job fairs and other job search activities to meet the labor exchange needs of job applicants and employers.
- Coordinates customized recruitment assistance, including job development, recruiting, advertising, prescreening and testing.
- Markets employer incentives, including Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), Fidelity Bonding, Employed Worker Training (EWT) and Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Grants, On-the Job Training (OJT), Quick Response Training (QRT), Community Service/Work Experience (CS/WE) and other grants or incentives as available and appropriate. Assists with development and completion of required forms for applications and agreements.
- Assists with coordinating Rapid Response activities for workers and employers experiencing mass layoffs or plant closures.
- Develops and maintains local business relationships through direct contact and participation in business-oriented organizational functions to facilitate placement of program participants. Receives employer visits and assists with requested information.
- Promotes communication and contributes to the coordination of services provided throughout the regional Centers.
- Assists Business Operations Manager with assigned tasks, reports and program services.
- Documents in required data system all contacts and services, job orders and job order notes. Assists with employer follow-up, documenting results as required. Manages essential paperwork and computerized documentation, including the creation of reports.
- Attends educational training sessions and staff meetings to enhance skills and program development.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures and regulations.
- Strives to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction among internal and external customers.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as requested.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business or related field, and one (1) year or more of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business development and general business practices. Recruiting or sales experience a plus.
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Frequent travel within the region will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communication skills.
- Florida Workforce Development Professional Tier One Certification or ability to obtain same within one year of hire.
Minimum Education: Associates Degree
Minimum Experience: 12 months