Manual work in maintaining various grounds, fields and facilities. Work is performed under the supervision of the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains various grounds, fields and parks by performing mowing, weeding, tilling, raking, digging and other manual labor tasks.
- Prepares fields for athletic activities such as: lining, raking.
- Installs turf and seeds on field, parks and other grounds.
- Maintains equipment and facilities by performing manual labor and semi-skilled work.
- Performs litter control functions; cleans restrooms; sets up picnic and other areas.
- Does painting, carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical repairs.
- Repairs and maintains the irrigation system.
- Operates vehicles. Performs preventative maintenance functions on the vehicles. Performs mechanical repair on small engines.
- Operates equipment occasionally such as: front-end loaders, tractors, box blades, spreader, etc.
- Makes daily written and oral reports.
- Informs and directs public in the use of facilities.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform all other duties that are related to the essential job functions.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance and repair functions.
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance and turf installation.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment to do related work.
- Knowledge of grounds keeping practices and principles.
- Ability to operate light to medium equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor under various weather conditions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Skill in the operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and related tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. One (1) year of semi-skilled maintenance work.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Moderate (15 to 44 pounds) lifting and carrying
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Operating equipment
- Works outside in various weather conditions (high temperatures and humidity)
- Chemicals (insecticides and herbicides)
- Heights (up to 15 feet)
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: 12 months
Driver’s License Required